Sunday, December 4, 2011

Success at the Convention!

We did it guys! We got the resolution passed to allow athletes in track meets, cross country races, and road races to be able to sport as many logos in as many places as they want to if the competition is on domestic soil and put on by USATF! Now I don't know all of the little details but in a round-a-bout way, that's the bottom line. Please don't quote me on this, because the I'm sure there will be other, more reliable sources to read the exact ruling, or removal of an existing ruling. A lot went on this weekend so I am a little confused myself, but what I was assured of was that, at the US Indoor Championships this coming year, I will be able to wear whatever jersey I prefer (so long as the jersey, itself is within the uniform rules), and I can have as many logos or sponsors, and whatever size I prefer. Now, granted, I may have a big fat ZERO sponsors on my jersey, because I have yet to put any effort into providing this opportunity to my sponsors, but I am very excited about the opportunity for these rights. This also means I can sport a sponsor's logo or name in my hair, which I intend to take advantage of if anyone is interested in this unique, yet very strange opportunity, haha. We'll see what road this decision leads to, but I'm excited as heck to start finding local businesses who would be interested in supporting a future Olympian in his early stages of development! If, by chance, there is anyone interested in these opportunities reading my blog right now, please contact me and let me know! Right now you would be first in line! As for the men working behind the scenes and on the front line for the athletes in this movement forward, I would like to say thank you to everyone involved, especially Jon Drummond. Without you, we would've gotten nowhere on this and I personally thank you. And thank you to all USATF directors and managers and board members for a great experience this weekend!
I would also like for yall to know, I just took a ride up into the St. Louis Arch and it was AWESOME! I had no idea the tram cars were little, round pods that they squeezed 5 people into. It was NOT a place for people affected by claustrophobia. Here are some pictures from the top of the Arch!

Looking down from the top


Looking down one side


We stayed in the amazing Hyatt Regency on the right


The vast Western Wilderness


Busch Stadium


The Rams Stadium


Looking over the Mississippi River to the East


The view inside the top of the Arch

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm happy this resolution was passed. It's going to make a HUGE difference in the track and field world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were at the convention and made your voice heard! As for the arch, I'm glad you enjoyed it, the pictures alone made me queasy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janiece,
    Yea! I think its really going to help the athletes who aren't quite good enough for an exclusive shoe contract, but still on the elite level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom,
    Thanks! It was really actually scary going up in the arch! Its a tiny little pod with 5 people in it, just clicking and clacking and rotating on its way up for 3 minutes ha. But it was cool!

    ReplyDelete