Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting ready for the Grand Haven Beach Vault!

The last week and a half, I got back from my big weekend, then slept and recovered. I started my Grad Assistant job on Monday! It's been great so far! I'm currently working in the I.T. department, helping them out with a few projects they have going on right now. I had my first vault practice since the 3-meet weekend last night and it went great! I just jumped from my short, 10 step approach and I did a lot of good things right off the bat. Coach was very pleased and is certain that if I fix a couple little things in my vault when I'm at a competition, I could have a very pleasing outcome =). I wanted to go to the Grand Haven Beach Vault this weekend but didn't have anyone to go with. So when I told my dad about it a week ago, he called me back a little later and my mom had given him the idea to use some flyer miles he had built up to come with me! The best way we figured out how to make it work was for him to fly into Kansas City Friday morning and I'm going to pick him up and start our journey to Michigan! I got a hotel room for Friday and Saturday night covered by the meet organizers so that was HUGE. I'm very thankful of their generosity. It's supposed to be about 11 hours to drive out there and I'm really looking forward to spending a bunch of quality time with my dad. We haven't been able to go on a road trip like this since high school. We're supposed to jump at noon on Saturday I think and then my dad and i will head out sunday and drive all day. I'll drop my dad off at a hotel right by the KC airport that night and he'll get a shuttle to the airport and fly out Monday morning. It's looking to be a great weekend! I wish Julia could go, or Ryan or one of my other friends, but when I found out my dad could go, I'm glad it's gonna be just me and him. I'll update more frequently as I get ready for this weekend, but for now, I gotta get back to spending time with Julia. It's her birthday today! We got a new kitchen table partially for her birthday and partially cuz I got so much prize money recently, haha. We've been wanting it for a while and I just put it together along with the chairs last night. It's gorgeous! Ok, gotta go, but I'll try to update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment