Friday, July 1, 2011

La Crosse, Wisconsin... so far

The ride up here was a lot better than i thought it would be. The first couple hours flew by until my passengers fell asleep. I thought it was gonna be like that for the rest of the trip but they woke up after about 15 minutes ha. But I took pictures of them quickly...





My former trainer at KU is from this area and he recommended we go to an Eduardo's Pizza Wagon and that we have to order the Cheese Curds, a Wood-Fired Pizza, and a Spotted Cow (apparently a delicious local beer). Well we got the cheese curds and pizza but decided not to get the beer cuz it was a long trip and we just simply didnt feel like it. First off, I loved the curds more than Julia and Ryan but we all felt our faces leaking with grease right after we took the first bite... but the pizza was delicious. It was definitely a little pricier than we thought it was gonna be. We brought enough food to feed us for a week, but since we were so highly recommended, we went through with it. Not as great as it was talked up to be, but still pretty good. Needless to say, we all jogged after dinner so we didnt feel like complete fatty's. I took this picture for my trainer:




Ok so back to us driving... about half way up we still didn't know where we were gonna sleep last night. We have some friends in Minneapolis so we were thinking about driving the extra couple hours up there but the meet director of this River Vault, Jeremy offered his living room to us since we have air mattresses and stuff. So we took him up on that very sincere offer and stayed there last night. It wasn't bad at all! We got about 9 hours of sleep and leisurely woke up while his roommates were leaving and coming back. My air mattress wasn't the "airiest" by the morning, but I still feel pretty rested. Maybe cuz I was exhausted from driving 8 hours yesterday. I tried to take some pictures while i was driving yesterday, so here are a few...






After our decent night of sleep, we got dressed and came over here to a sandwich place in downtown La Crosse called Lindy's. We jump today at 3pm and its freakin HOT. I thought driving 8 hours north woulda gotten us to some cooler weather but NNNNOPE. It's supposed to be 96 degrees at 3 with a 15 mph wind out of the southwest. We havent seen the pit setup or anything yet but we saw a bunch of RiverFest activities by the river while trying to find this place. Hopefully the pit is set up to have some good wind! I'll update after the meet if I can, but we have a 6 hour drive ahead of us tonight, so I'll probly just update from my phone later. And I hope to get some videos and pictures today but I dunno since we're all jumping at the same time. I'll let ya know though!

1 comment:

  1. Do we even want to know what a curd is???? Thanks for the pics, so far looks like a fun road trip.

    ReplyDelete