Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Blog... Don't know what I'm doing.

Where to begin...
Ok here's a start. I'm at my house right now, sitting in bed, just tried to figure out how to do this bloggin mess for the last 3 hours. Not sure what I'm doing right now but I think it'll be good for me. All through college I hated writing papers, but I've always enjoyed writing about things that I wanna talk about, as I'm sure everyone does. The only thing on my mind lately (since my silver spoon from KU is not feeding me anymore...) is vaulting professionally. How to vault higher, how to get "signed", how to know what meets to go to, and blah blah blah. The other thing that I'm working on right now is getting into grad school here at KU to get my Masters in Sports Management. On top of that, trying to get a Grad Assistant gig up at the athletic department so I can actually afford to go to grad school. Supposedly it would be a full-time job that pays for grad school and gives me a little stipend each month to live off of. It should be alright I think, but I have to get it before I can really say that. Anyway, life is crazy right now and I've always been known to jump around from topic to topic mid-conversation, as I'll probably do very often in these blogs. It's almost 1am right now and I'm not too tired yet cuz, well i may have had a little nap a few hours ago.
      Getting to the point: The main reason I decided to blog... FANS. I need fans and I need some more fans. Many of you may know me by now as the vaulter with the crazy hair... true, true (pictures below). That's me. I love dying my hair for meets and so far, I havent duplicated a design. I'm probably up to around 20-30 styles since I first started last year. It's a lot of fun and I believe it gets the crowd into it a little more. I'm running out of ideas though, so if anyone has an idea, definitely throw it out and I'll give it a thought. I have a few ideas of how I wanna market myself in this challenging vault world I just entered into. If I jump high and people start wanting my autograph and stuff, I may ask for hair ideas from everyone and send out a "prize" or something if I choose your idea and go to a meet sporting your hair style idea. But that's for the future. Hopefully something will come of that... before my hair falls out from all this toxic dye I'm puttin into it.
      I just took a woodworking class in my last semester at KU and LOVED it. I've always loved woodworking, but now I actually know what I'm doing. At least more than I did know. Anyway, another idea I had is for raising money for the "Don't Let Jordan Starve Foundation" by giving out wooden creations that I make. I still have access to the wood shop in the art building for now, dont know how long that'll last, but i'm gonna keep trying to use it. I've been making boxes and pens, I made a cutting board, and even a sculpture of a vaulter. Shown here:



If anyone actually reads this, let me know if you think these are good ideas or if i should just stick to selling t-shirts to raise money like everyone else. (definitely a great idea, i just like being different)
       I'll try to write some more soon about getting ready for USA's this coming weekend and a circuit of 3 meets in 4 days that i'll be attempting the following weekend. Take care of yourself world... Goodnight.

5 comments:

  1. am trying to learn this blog thing so bare with me just talked with ur mom and she is helping.
    ur comments on blog nr 1 is great looks good
    papa & grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so glad yall can be updated on a regular basis from now on! A couple of my friends didn't even know how to comment on a post, so yall are doing fantastic doing this much! I hope yall are doing well and I'm sure I'll see ya soon! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jordan
    where will the three meets in four days take place ??
    papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A River Vault in La Crosse, Wisconsin, the Gill Factory Vault in Champaign, Illinois, and the Pole Vault Explosion in Webster Groves, Missouri. Fun huh? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks as if u will be a busy man

    i know u will do well

    papa

    ReplyDelete