Friday, June 24, 2011

Here in Oregon... Hair Ideas??

What a long trip. Every time i come out here to good old Eugene it's always a day-long adventure that never seems to end. First, it's an hour drive to the airport from Lawrence, then there's the airport wait followed by the 3h 45m flight to portland. Then there's the acquiring of baggage which usually goes by pretty quick, but obtaining the rental car/van/SUV/ always takes about an hour. THEN, when you think it's finally over, you have to drive 2 hours to Eugene. And that's all good, the day should be about over and its time for bed, but no... there's a 2 hour time warp back in time when you arrive and suddenly you have to stay awake for an extra couple hours. haha, ok but really, I'm not upset about the trip at all, it just got to me today. I was extremely tired by the time we started driving to Eugene. I absolutely love this part of the country once I get out here but dang I wish I could teleport... How much easier would life be if we could teleport?! Come on, seriously i've always wanted to teleport but then I think, welllll i bet everyone would get extremely lazy and fat and stuff, but what if teleporting was a "reward" for exercising??? Or what if it was just a lot of work to teleport? For example, you have to run at least 10 mph in order to warp into another place in the country, or 15 mph to go worldwide! Ha, I could go on but i'll save it for another time. Possibly never, where that conversation belongs. Ok so I'm in Springfield, right outside of Eugene. I have a room to myself so that's pretty awesome. I can sit here and blog all i want without another dude mackin with his girlfriend over the phone or somethin. I had an AWESOME new york style pepperoni pizza from Old Chicago today for lunch. Just had to get that in here. Then I just had Five Guys where, you just can't go wrong... When we got to the hotel today, we changed and went to the basketball arena for packet pick-up then went to the track to watch our sophomore thrower Mason Finley throw discuss. He threw great the first round and was in first place after the first flight. the second flight went and 7 of them threw further but Mason was 8th so he was the last competitor to get into finals. He really went for it all in the final round and had some promising technique but failed to throw any further. So he finished up getting 8th in the country which is fantastic! Especially at his age. He's got some big stuff coming in the next few years for sure. So between the first flight and finals, I went off to the practice track and did a warm-up and some strides. I felt really good for some reason. Usually I'm pretty tight after a day of traveling but I guess I did something right recently and it paid off. I've been trying to drink a lot more water the last couple months since I quit drinking coke. I've felt a lot better physically lately. I think my body is finally getting used to all the hydration I'm puttin in instead of carbonation, caffeine, and sugar. It really makes a difference.
Well its 11pm here so its way past my bed time in kansas. I just wanna keep everyone updated on how my trip's goin and what i'm doing. At least a few people have told me they enjoyed reading it every day and want to read more so this is for them. And I don't have to worry about the others who dont care cuz, well they wouldn't have read this far anyway... I've been watching Lopez Tonight while writing some of this and if anyone else saw it, Pitbull was awesome and NeYo really needs a computer to help his voice out i guess. It was interesting but Pitbull seems like a cool dude. Ok I'm goin to bed. And I have to be honest, I've stopped myself several times during this post from posting more little negative comments than I've already written. For some reason I'm realizing how negative my mind is today. It's not where I want my mind to be and I dont know why i'm being so pessimistic but I'm really gonna try harder to find the bright side of things cuz that's usually how I act anyway, but oh well, i'll work on it. It's gonna be a fun weekend, that's for sure! I really wanted to get out there and vault once we got to the track. I'm lookin forward to saturday and i'm not sure it could get here quick enough! Oh, and if anyone has any hair ideas, please comment on this post with your ideas! The more, the better!

5 comments:

  1. Take it from someone whose known you your entire life, your negativity comes from being tired! You've always been wired that way :). So after some well deserved sleep you'll be your usual positive self! So happy for Mason making it into the top 10. As for your hair, you are at the USA Championships so some nod to the red, white and blue would be appropriate. You could go red on one side, blue on the other with a white Mohawk?? Just a thought, you could change it up and go red in front , white in the middle of your head and blue in back, different.....either way , run fast, jump high, clear the bar, land on the mat please , and most importantly have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta go USA in some fashion. It's what your there for!!! Go luck. The skys the limit.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom, I'm sure you're right. That makes sense ha. I feel way better today since I got 9 hrs of sleep last night. And I got the design for my hair! I'll show you when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 50 stars, 13 stripes. . . If you can fit all that on your head they might just give you the gold medal without even vaulting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha if i make the world team... Done.

    ReplyDelete