Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting ready for my Midwest Circuit

If you've read my previous posts, you know that I'm going on a trip this weekend to compete in 3 meets in 4 days. What you don't know is Julia is going with me! She was trying to work it out with her summer class and stuff the last week and she figured it out! Also, my friend and old teammate Ryan Hays is coming with us! It'll be the three of us driving up to a River Vault in La Crosse, Wisconsin, then heading to Champaign, Illinois for the Gill Factory Vault, and lastly driving back this way to Webster Groves, Missouri (right outside of St. Louis) for the Pole Vault Explosion. It's bound to be the most vault-filled weekend of my life so far and I'm more excited than I was going to USA's! I've been jumping really well lately and I feel really close to jumping a higher bar and maybe something close to 19'. Everything would definitely have to line up perfectly, but I wouldn't be saying it on here if I didn't really believe it. Julia and I went out to Walmart last night to pick up some snacks and stuff for the trip. $50+ later, Julia dragged me out of there before I got too carried away, ha. We're all prepared for a great trip and we're planning on leaving around noon tomorrow. I'm hoping to post updates throughout the weekend but the'll be so much driving that i'm not sure. I'm gonna try to put up pictures from the meets and hopefully some video, at least that's my goal. It's gonna be about an 8 hour drive tomorrow and then the first competition is on Friday at 3. I'm planning on opening pretty high on Friday in order to take fewer jumps to save my energy for Saturday. The Factory Vault has much more prize money and competition so I'd rather be fresh for that.
Oh, and check it out! Morry Sanders, the coach of Arkansas Vault Club (AVC) liked one of my quotes that I wrote on Facebook a couple months ago and wanted to make a t-shirt out of it. I definitely let him and he actually did it! He made a shirt for his summer camp this year with my quote on the back! Here's pictures of the shirt:



Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy any, but I'll find out if he has extras to sell. I know my family said they wanna buy some. Anyway, I have vault practice tonight at 6:15pm with Coach and I think his pole vault camp will be watching. So I hope I have a good practice! ha. I'll update tomorrow before/during/or after the trip!

3 comments:

  1. I'm super bummed I can't go on this good ol' road trip, but I hope its nothing short of magical! And remember, if Ryan tries to shoot fireworks at kids at these meets while they're vaulting, just ground him from his iphone, that usually gets him to cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more worried about him putting fireworks on his shoes to run faster... But I'll remember the advice! I wish you could have come with us! It is sure to be nothing less than magical indeed. I'll be posting updates and pictures on here throughout the weekend i hope. We'll hang out when i get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all have a terrific road trip! Ryan, Julia & Jordan....if the midwest just knew what was coming there way....
    I hope you do have time to take lots of pics of your trip, the meets, and friends you meet along the way. Make some great memories and maybe even some prize money:)
    I definitely want a shirt, tell Morry I'll join his Track Camp if that's the only way to get a shirt, but he'll have to teach me to vault, so for his sanity it might be better just to sell me one!! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete