Saturday, June 25, 2011

The night before the big day

Boy was my mom right... if anyone read her comment on my last post, she pointed out that when i'm tired, i'm negative about things. And i realized that today more than anything. I got 9 hours of sleep last night and i've been ridiculously positive about every single little thing today. I cant think of how many times i kept thinking to myself, geez yesterday i woulda been pissed about that. But not today. I'm a new man and I'm gonna get plenty of sleep tonight too. I'm so excited for tomorrow, you wouldn't believe... My pre-meet warmup today was fantastic. I felt better than I've ever felt - fresh, quick, focused... I'm ready. Coach and I got our plan together for tomorrow's warmup and competition and I'm ready to execute.
Julia sent me an email earlier today of a USA logo that was really cool. It's actually the USA TV Network Logo that I added color to. She said if I had someone else to help me, it wouldn't be too difficult. Well... I probably could've asked somebody else to help, but I wanted to see if I could do it myself. So that's just what I did. I got out my paper, traced the logo, cut it out into a stencil, taped it to my head, and started outlining it onto my hair with sharpie... man that was difficult. I was determined to get it perfect, but sometimes... it just doesn't turn out the way you want. Perhaps that's my perfectionism talking, but I wish Julia was here. Her skills are un-top-able! But here it is... The red sharpie outline hasnt come out entirely yet, but hopefully tomorrow it will so the blue will look better:




And that's it. Simple, Elegant, To the Point. I suppose it's not my normal style of dying every last strand of hair some bright, ugly color, but it gets the job done for this meet and sends the message I wanna send: I'm going out there to represent my self, my team, and my country, and I plan on representing the United States of America on foreign soil once again! Ok, maybe it doesnt say all that but that's what I'm saying now.

Oh, and this gas station right beside our hotel has the best combination of snacks I've ever seen. Never before has one convenient store held possession of all my favorite snacks... Five different kinds of Sour Rips, Buffalo Sunflower Seeds, Molten Hot Wing Chips... Check it out:



1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the hair, I'm not sure how you did that alone? Good luck today, go make a team, we'll be watching the live stream thru Oregons website but as you know thats a hit & miss with camera guys:) Be your best!!

    ReplyDelete