Sunday, June 19, 2011

Graduate Assistant interview tomorrow... Wish Me Luck.

Here I am working at my part-time job on campus, bored as ever, just thinking about how to make things easier and life less complicated... I have a feeling it's not gonna be easy. Tomorrow morning I have my interview for this Graduate Assistant position in the Athletic Department that I'm dying to get. Grad School itself is riding on this actually. If I don't get this position, I'd have to pay for grad school myself, which means taking out loans for all of it. I'm trying to apply for a few grants anyway, just so I can get some extra money if I get the grad position. But in reality, I'm not ready to take out enormous loans to pay for school that I'm not too stoked about going to anyway. Of course I want to get my Master's Degree and I want to work in the Athletic Department, but if I dont get the GA position, I find it hard to believe that I'd take out loans to pay for school right now when my dream is to make a living off of vaulting. My number one priority is getting this position, but if not, my priorities flip-flop to just spending all of my money and resources on vaulting. I know I can do it. I'm going to do it. It's just a matter of how long it takes me to get there. It could be this weekend at USA's when I bust out all my moves and make the world team and possibly get a contract! But as my dad always taught me (Happy Father's Day, Dad!), "Expect the worst, Hope for the best." That's what I'm doing. I'll definitely be one of the youngest guys going to this meet, but I sure as hell think I have a shot at getting top 3. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. I'll save the USA's talk for the rest of the week. Wish me luck at my interview tomorrow! There's only one spot open and I really want it! (The funny part about it is that I made this blog yesterday and have a whopping ZERO followers at this point, ha)

2 comments:

  1. Jordon, Great site. Keep posting. I like the idea of t-shirts to raise money. You should have a contest with some graphic designers for a logo (trademark it!!)and then a wild shirt based on your hair styles. I'll buy them for the whole family.
    Heard you got the Grad Asst. Congrats.Here's to new heights.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet site, of course I love talking to you and listening to you so I'll be following you daily!! You have proven time and time again that you can do anything to yourself, and the world. so just keep working hard and believing. Congratulations on the G.A. position! You'll be an asset.

    ReplyDelete